Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Here.......... Summer That Is!

Thank you, Artie over at Color Outside the Lines, for another Share A Garden Sunday!
Happy First Day of Summer! Father's Day too! I love you Dad and Hubby!



Let's take a stroll through my garden............. a slow stroll, as it's going to be a hot one!

Purple cone flowers and "endless summer" hydrangeas are looking good.


Verbena bonariensis towers over all others.





ahh........zebra grass, aptly named.






I found these gorgeous mushrooms growing on an old stump...beautful placement, Mother Nature, thank you for this gift.







purple cone flower backed by a calla leaf.








the tree has embraced this fallen birdhouse...it is nestled in nicely and seems to be part of the tree now.









can't beat fresh tomatoes and basil in summer! mmmm.... get the mozzarella and balsamic ready.










lilies are the show stoppers out front right now.
thanks for strolling with me!
it's going to be a long, hot summer....
please take time to smell the flowers!
pretty please.







7 comments:

niartist said...

Erin, these are LOVELY! I wish I lived in a better climate. My purple coneflower are just now getting their barings. They look like eye lashes coming off of the center instead of petals. Oh, in a couple of weeks though - it should be knock out gorgeous back there! LOL! That's what I'm going to keep telling myself anyway. :) Thanks for sharing such amazing inspiration, and for taking part in SAGS!

Unknown said...

Your garden is beautiful!As are your photos.
I snooped around your blog-it's wonderful!I shall be returning.

Deborah said...

Oh. So. Envious. Seriously beautiful. Hydrangeas are my fantasy flower...they will never grow here in the desert. **weeps** Wonderful photos; you have quite the eye! **blows kisses** Deborah

Brenda Pruitt said...

Mother Nature, the most proficient designer of all. My coneflowers are getting a slow start. The dogs keep eating the blooms... Love the little fairy nestled in there. So nice of Artie to have this. I look forward to it!
Brenda

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing all these delightful glimpses of your garden!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your garden is so beautiful and serene. Your photos capture your flowers perfectly. Blessings...Mary

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love the photo of the fungus on the tree stump. I have a few tomatoes almost to that stage. I check them every morning and evening to see how fast they are progressing.
Marnie