Sunday, August 7, 2011

the light...

what a glorious weekend! filled with happiness and light. the beautiful light of friendship and creativity and affirmation.

i woke up friday morning to a surprise deluge of comments and new followers... so FUN....it turns out i was featured on Miss Mustard Seed's Blog, seen here, and this sent new friends and new affirmation my way!! welcome! and thank you so very much! i worked hard on my newish dining room and how wonderful to be able to share it! when i blogged about my dining room, i hadn't yet figured out what to do with the 1970's brass light fixture (which i had painted black years ago), so i painted one coat of white craft paint to it and kinda let it go...until the inspiration came to me.
using what i had, i added my hand made doily bowls, left over from another project, to some of the lights......up side down.....really just balancing there on the bulbs! i thought about creating new doily lampshades, yunno with real lampshade frames and all.... but settled on this for now.....it may change....most likely will.... things around here usually do! right, hubby? he loves me anyway, for all of the changes.

and then i added translucent white ghost leaves (from Anthro's clearance table) and pieces from a deconstructed windchime (long ago tangled by stong winds)..... oh look, you can see i need to do another coat of white paint....but that will probably not happen....... and it is fine with me...yes, it is.....it's good for my never ending "recovering perfectionist" work, to just leave it. ha

the dangly bits and bobs create such beautiful light.

you can read about my handmade doily bowls here.

the light is sooooo pretty coming through the window into the delicate lace of those bowls.





it's all about the light.

the beautiful light.









i must say...... just how overwhelmed i feel right now (in a very good way)....with all of this luminous light around me...... to have so many people respond so positively to my dining room, but most especially to my paintings!! so many have expressed interest in purchasing my paintings, especially the "horsey" painting. my paintings are a labor of love for me and i want to share them! please know that yes, my paintings are for sale (to the right home, of course) and you can e-mail with any inquiries........i'll do my very best to respond (with my lack of typing and computer skills.....hey, i am artsy-fartsy)......i promise, i will get back to you :0)



we received some much needed rain today and there's more in this weeks forecast......aahhhhh, time in the studio painting for me!!! in search of that light.



my bloggy friend, Lucinda of Cobalt Violet often ends her posts with

"blessings and light"



isn't that beautiful? i love that......

~blessings and light~

erin




22 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh erin,

if anyone captures light, it is you. Your camera, your paint brush....you have it down. THANK YOU for shining. Anita

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh -- thank you so much for creating a whole post on your chandelier!! It is so wonderful and I loved seeing it up close. So inspiring. Off to care for my babies...; )

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Beautiful light...beautiful chandelier! And, of course, you already know that I loved your lacy doily bowls so much that I tried it and now have my own! Thanks for all your inspiration! :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like what you did with the chandelier - so pretty.
have a great week and stay cool.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Absolutely beautiful Erin... Thank you for being such an inspiration.
Blessings,
Penny

Unknown said...

So beautiful. Your dining room looks perfect. I love the bling on your goose. I may have to try something on my guy. Although he's not nearly as magnificent as yours. But maybe a little bling will give him a little extra confidence!

Brandy said...

I. Am. In. Awe. You just took what most people would call junk and spun it into what looks like angel hair!!! I have doilies! And they don't look like that! They are laying in a pile in my "studio" with all the other stuff I thought would be cool to create with. Maybe when my one-year-old starts Mother's Day Out I can devote time to my creativity...you are my inspiration!

I may have completely missed it, but I didn't see your email address anywhere. I wanted to contact you about your paintings. Could you let me know where it is on your blog or maybe post it?

Thank you so much!

Brandy

erin's art and gardens said...

thanks everyone! Brandy, my e-mail is on my profile page....also, all of my comments go to my e-mail.....i can not e-mail you back though, since you have a "no-reply" address....which can be changed in your settings (i think?) Being a mommy is a very important job, and all you need to do right now. You can craft with doily's later!! I know how you feel though, sometimes you have to put your interests on the back burner for a while......

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous shots of the doilies...I have some from my great,great GM and they are in bags in a closet...well, GUESS WHAT?....not ANY MORE...I cannot wait to get some into bowls like this...thanks for the inspiration! Love your work!

It's me said...

Beautiful light pictures !!...one day i will see the light again......love Ria...xxx....

Gerry Snape said...

Erin what an inspirational post. I love those photos and the wonderful ideas that you have. Keep doing them in your magic posts! Thankyou.

Custom Comforts said...

Erin ~ always love your posts and artwork ~ especially the horse paintings. Congrats to you for making Miss Mustard Seed's top picks. What an honor and as usual, everything is beautiful.
Cindy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a wonderful way to use those doily bowls. I remember when you posted about making them and wanted to give it a try but haven't done so yet. Love how you decorated the chandelier. Everything is light and bright and beautiful! Have a great new week. Tammy

YONKS said...

Great use of doilies. Your photography is wonderful.
Nice to find you.
Dianne
YONKS

michelle said...

this is just gorgeous Erin and so pretty and feminine. I bet it is just beautiful with all the light streaming through. You have created such a peaceful room and I know that you are enjoying it very much.
xoxo

koralee said...

Pure joy...I have been making a few of these myself...one huge one for my living room coffee table...I love them but never thought about putting them on lights. Joy my sweet friend. xoxoxo

GwendolynKay said...

My dear,
Your dining chandy is quite lovely indeed!! I love your doily bowls... I can only imagine how much work went into them. Your blog is a real treasure to visit.
Blessings~

solamar7 said...

Simply... Magical..

oldgreymare said...

Erin, it looks magical..What a splendid job you've done!
I have promised myself for over 10 years that I would paint my chandelier.
I almost did it before the photo shoot but the gardens and lack of rain necessitated me being in the yard.
You've inspired me to rethink getting on that. :D
xx
z

Cobalt Violet said...

Erin, you are so sweet! Thank you! :)

Seawashed said...

The dangling Anthro leaves are amazing...love. Please Oh Please don't sell your horse painting. I could not bare the thought of it leaving your home. It is one of the most beautiful paintings I have ever seen...and being an Artist whom goes to lots of art events and galleries that says alot. Could you possibly have prints made of it to sell instead. Though if someone was offering thousands for it, well then you may have to consider. I don't think I could ever part with it. ox

Unknown said...

I love the light airy feeling of the photos with the feathers and those strung shells.( i have NO idea what to call them...but I've always loved 'em)