Sunday, April 11, 2010

oh fiddle dee dee

what a glorious and relaxing weekend.

that is, if your idea of relaxing is never sitting down...myself, well, i like to keep on moving.

relaxing, in the fact that i accomplished a huge amount of work on friday, and no longer feel overwhelmed.


the fiddleheads are gracefully unfurling themselves on the ferns.




a shot of a fiddlehead with unfocused kitty in background.


the same shot with grumpy pearl in focus instead.

two of my best girlfriends are named anna.

each anna has five cats.

i have two cats.

that should explain why the kitty's keep making appearances.



speaking of kitty's...

check out little miss daisy's

ear hairs!

seems they get longer every day. what's up with that?



i hope ya'll have a wonderful coming week and that you get the chance to

go outside and play.

and thanks so much for visiting my blog.

it means the world to me.


anyone have a recipe for fiddleheads?

17 comments:

Don said...

Love the ear hairs!

oldgreymare said...

Checked out Miss Daisy's ear hairs - makes me feel a little better about my chin hairs...but not by much... :-)

Have a glorious week friend.

Suzan

BTW- I know Martha used to have recipes for fiddleheads. Check her archives.

Razmataz said...

Thaere is something about fiddleheads I absolutely love. They photgraph so well and you can almost see them unfurl! That photo if kitty with the sun shining through her ears is a fabulous shot!

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOVE the pictures of all the fur babies...they are SO sweet!

LuLu♥

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your photos!

I was wondering, what camera do you have?
Would you recomend it as a fist time camera?
Laura

ELK said...

a gem . a mystery . the fiddlehead!

erin's art and gardens said...

hi laura,
i use a canon digital xsi (35 mm) and a panasonic lumix (which fits in my pocket). the lumix is more user friendly and a good starter camera. i'm still learning to use my canon, but love it. both of these cameras were chosen for their large 3" viewing screens. thanks for asking!
erin

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great photos - thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Miss Daisy is such a big girl now! Sweet pics and gorgeous sunshine! Enjoy!

Luiza said...

Hihihi, I love the photos of your cats, and the kitty, well, it´s gorgeous =).

Seems we have something in common...I can´t sit still eather, have to move all the time =).

I love comming visiting your blog! Always gives me joy!

Have a nice week
Hugs/
Luiza

Scott Law said...

I don't think we get fiddleheads this far north, at least I've never seen them. Great photos all around as usual and those ear hairs are taking over the whole cat LOL.

bikim said...

MORNING ERIN!
LOVELY PHOTOS OF YOUR KITTY!!! HOW SWEET CAN THAT BE?!
THAT WAS A RELAXING POST INDEED!
THANKS!
ROSA

Cobalt Violet said...

Kitty makes me want to roll around in the grass!!!

Miss Daisy's ear hair ... the light ... crazy cute!

Donna said...

Loved the pics ... gorgeous! I have a special place in my heart for cats too!
Blessings,
Donna

debra@dustjacket said...

I think that is just the cutest picture last. I LOVE it.
xoxo

Cindy Shapton said...

We use to make fiddlehead soup as a kid when we went camping in Northern Michigan. I recall we were starving! Love the blog...it is so you!!!

Anonymous said...

Just saute in olive oil with sliced garlic, then give a squeeze of lemon before serving.