Thursday, April 22, 2010

earth day

well, i am back from florida with many photos and stories to share. today i just wanted to pop in and wish you a

happy earth day.

and NO this is NOT an advertisement for disney...i just happen to love the OCEAN, DOLPHINS and the color BLUE... and this display at epcot center, well, it took my breath away.





i had an amazing, life changing encounter with a dolphin in the wild.

about ten years ago, i was snorkeling with my family in an area where dolphins used to be regularly fed. it is illegal to do so now, but the gentle creatures still return to this area. you can actually hear their high pitched tones when your head is under water. a huge dolphin appeared in front of me as if out of no where. he seemed to be looking at me straight in the eye. in fact i am sure we were making eye contact. i was shocked by all the scratches and scars that covered his shiny skin. i felt afraid and yet calm. something made me want to reach out to this wild being. i slowly stretched my hand out to touch the side of his face and he allowed me to do so ......... he then vanished just as quickly as he had appeared.






i think he was trying to tell me something.
thank you all for the lovely comments on my last post. it may take me a while to get back to you , but know that i am just tickled pink that you are visiting me here at my blog home.
it's good to be home.



12 comments:

KarenB said...

I can't even imagine. . . love the disney dolphins. I bet it just made that memory come rushing back. Hey, before it's too late, I'm having a giveaway and it's over on Saturday. It's another apron. Come over and add your name!

Cobalt Violet said...

What an incredibly beautiful experience! How magical! They are such amazing, intelligent beings. You are very blessed!

Lovely flowers!

It's me said...

Wauwwwwwwwwwwwwww...these pictures are great !!!

Happy sunny weekend ...........enjoy !


Hugs from me..........

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip, Erin! All this color is amazing to me as, today, we have another 8" of blowing snow. Enjoy your day!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Welcome back Erin! Marvelous pictures! I love the dolphins :)

LuLu♥

oldgreymare said...

Welcome home- perfect selection of vocals!

Suzan

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What an experience! Beautiful flowers and dolphin sculptures - thanks for sharing with us.
Some really bad weather headed this way - sure hope it is not as bad as "they" are saying it will be.
Enjoy your weekend.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful post Erin!! What a wonderful encounter with that dolphin!! Happy you are home and can't wait to see more photos. :)

Have a lovely weekend!

xoxo,
Bonnie

Luiza said...

Welcome back, dear Erin! I´ve missed you!

Your images from the trip are fantastic! I love the second one!

Your story of the dolphin almost made me cry, it´s beautiful and breathtaking!
I can´t even imagine the feeling!

I have a award for you to come and get, at my blog!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs/
Luiza

From the Old InkWell said...

Glad you're back! Beautiful photos! Can only imagine how spectacular the flowers were to see in person.

Don said...

Welcome back...wonderful story.

Debra@CommonGround said...

What an amazing adventure that must have been. I've said it before, but each time I come here, it's a vacation! I just loved the photo of Daisy on the table with the sun shining thru her little ears. so precious.
xoxo,
Debra