Friday, June 20, 2014

shhhh.....blue bedroom

hi friends!
just poppin in to give you a little tour of my bedroom....

decluttered, simplified and freshened

 up for the summer....

mr. dan went on a fishing trip recently,
and i developed a serious crush.
his name is
benjamin moore.

love.
this.
paint!

this perfect soft blue/grey is called "silver cloud"....love it!
and it went on like butter....in one coat.



i have had these two old doors hanging out in my living room like forever....and i brought them in here, plopped them on either side of the bed..... and loved the simple/zen look so much, that i scrapped the whole idea of using two old garden gates that i purchased recently as a headboard (sorry, forgot to include a photo of the gates....which weigh a couple of tons.....and probably would have fallen off the wall and killed someone.....which would not be a bad way to go....actually).

my friend kim leggett from "city farmhouse",

who owns one of my very favorite stores in franklin....
came up with the brilliant idea of  hanging some lights from the doors
 (and of course i had the perfect lights in my prop room...who doesn't?)

and she suggested i hang some of my handmade

wirds
( words+wire=wirds )

above the bed.
"shhh..."

inspired by the little sign that i "lifted"
 (ahem)
 from a stay at the ritz carleton.

thanks kim!
for the great ideas!!

white chenille bedspread from a tag sale
was a bargain for $5.

love me some
 ball fringe.

a mix match of bedding...

annabelle hydrangea cut from my backyard
on a bedside table...

"hi there!"

funky accessories
just for fun...

part of an old yo yo quilt as dresser scarf...

these lights,
at night
 are so perfect!

lavender is soothing....
darling daughter gave me the awesome vase.

and simple white/breezy sheers bought at world market
soften the big windows.

i absotootly 
love my bedroom now!


 hope you enjoyed this little tour today
and
that
you are having a good summer!!
(officially starts tomorrow!)

love,
erin

p.s.  i have installed fancy schmancy logos on my side bar...
but, i can not for the life of me figure out how to make them smaller? ? and gave up trying for now...the computer can be such a time suck!
anyhoo....
you can click on them to instantly take you to my links....
won't you please 
"follow" me
on Face book 
Pinterest
and
 Instagram??

p.p.s i have been the proud owner of my very first smart phone for about a month now....
and i am totally addicted to Instagram!!!
sooooo fun.




25 comments:

Seawashed said...

It really is Summer calm in your bedroom. I love how you did your lights. We always have to turn our lights against the wall as you have them here, because they are just too blinding directly.

I have had an iphone for a year and will not join IG...I do not want to be addicted and EVERYONE says they are! I may have to for my shop but I am holding off as long as I can. I didn't like FB and deactivated two yrs ago. Seems we are losing many bloggers to both. :(

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pretty all around wonderful! Love the way the bed is dressed!! and of course Shhhh...

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty! Has a cool/fresh look - like the color.
Enjoy your weekend!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, I'm loving your cool blue bedroom, Erin! I have chenille bedspreads on all of our beds. You just can't beat that vintage look, especially if it's edged in pom-pom trim like yours. The doors and wirds above your bed are uniquely you. I just bought white sheers for our bedroom, and after seeing yours, I can't wait to hang them....after I paint the windows, that is. And your yo-yo dresser scarf and floral lampshade are sweet!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, I'm loving your cool blue bedroom, Erin! I have chenille bedspreads on all of our beds. You just can't beat that vintage look, especially if it's edged in pom-pom trim like yours. The doors and wirds above your bed are uniquely you. I just bought white sheers for our bedroom, and after seeing yours, I can't wait to hang them....after I paint the windows, that is. And your yo-yo dresser scarf and floral lampshade are sweet!

Heaven's Walk said...

Erin - it all looks so calm, serene, and cozy. I love painting with BM paint, too. I always compared it to painting with pudding. :) The color you chose is so soft and pretty. How did hubs like it? :)

Have a peace filled and restful weekend.

xoxo laurie

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Erin,
Oh I love your bedroom.. The cool blue is dreamy, and I really like your bedspread!
Enjoy your weekend.
p.s. You look lovely!

June said...

Absolutely gorgeous Erin. I love every view of this beautiful room.
Hugs from here...

time worn interiors said...

Loving the ZEN feeling of your bedroom!
tot

Laurie said...

I am lovin your bedroom's summer look, Erin. I love white bedding and it is all I use, except for some blue pillow shams I occasionally use. The BM paint color you used is beautiful.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Good morning, Erin ~

I stopped by the other day to read this post, but couldn't leave a comment (the internet service can be more than a bit wonky from the top of a mountain).

LOVEly bedroom, like floating on a cloud... and the lighting is inspired!

I agree. Modifying the look of a blog is a complete time suck. If you are using a Minima template like me, the Date Title and Sidebar Titles are one and the same, so when you change the date title the sidebar titles change. Best guess is that you'd have to edit the HTML by adding a chunk of code to allow you to change the sidebar title size. Ugh-ly.

Anyhoo, thanks for popping by to say 'Hi'. I hope you have a happy one today!
~ Lin

KarenB said...

It's so lovely, Erin!!! I bet Dan loves it. I think there is no Zen in me. I would be too tempted to add more. What a restful place, though. It is just beautiful. I've always loved your little wirds. ;-) And that chenille bedspread!!!

Christie Jones Ray said...

That paint color has been floating around in my head but didn't know a name for what I was envisioning for our bedroom. So thank you dear heart! I desperately need the declutter fairies to come ...

Christie Jones Ray said...

That paint color has been floating around in my head but didn't know a name for what I was envisioning for our bedroom. So thank you dear heart! I desperately need the declutter fairies to come ...

Debbie Nolan said...

Erin - who wouldn't love a gorgeous bedroom like this!! Love the color you chose for the walls and everything looks so clean an lovely. Such great ideas for the headboard too. Thank you for the tour - I sure enjoyed it.

Cobalt Violet said...

How fresh and lovely!!!!
Love your room!
I am an Instagram and Pinterist addict as well. I will find you, my friend!

Hope you had a fabulous 4th of July! And I hope you are well! Blessing and light to you Erin!

Art and Sand said...

I love those doors on either side of the bed - what a clever idea.

Your bedroom looks like a lovely retreat.

Unknown said...

"Erin's Art and Gardens" has been included in the fifth edition of our Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July 2014. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new customers in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/07/thinking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july-2014_11.html

Carolyne said...

I simply *loved* tip-toeing around your room. It was such a quiet visit, I know you and your sweetie will enjoy such perfection for resting on warm Summer nights.
Thank you also for the great Idea~! (with those two lamps I have that match yours).
You are delightful....
((hugs)) ♥~C.
** Oh~And, your humor with your new "crush" still has me in stitches♥

michele said...

so i'm a few weeks behind in my visiting...i love this whole shhhhh thing you're workin. and i have some perfect wire to make my own sculpted shhhs. think it's ok to place them all over the house? beautiful styling and photos, erin!

m

michele said...

so i'm a few weeks behind in my visiting...i love this whole shhhhh thing you're workin. and i have some perfect wire to make my own sculpted shhhs. think it's ok to place them all over the house? beautiful styling and photos, erin!

m

simran said...

So, as you can see real estate buying is not as complicated as it appears. Do your research and use the resources available and you will be rewarded. By keeping in mind the advice from this article, you should be more knowledgeable in the process of real estate purchasing.satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

Chocolate and coffee is a great combination! try serving a square along with a cup. A bite of chocolate followed by a melt-in-your mouth sip of java is an incredible treat! The chocolate can also be enjoyed by dipping it, or even dropping a piece directly into the coffee.
satta king
play bazaar

play bazar said...

On the off chance that you have no idea with how to begin with doing this, at that point have a go at looking at the tips beneath. They can offer you some supportive guidance.
play bazaar
satta king
satta king

Gwendolyn Kuiper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.