very unusual for the south.
and yes, i am still lovin it.
first from Anita http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.com/.
she was the soul inspiration for this Tiffany blue post, as she is a lover of all things turquoise and her gorgeous blog is a constant source of eye candy and wondrous words!!
you MUST stop by her delicious slice of bloggy and feel the LOVE and PASSION that resides there. you will not be disappointed. i promise.
i am just getting to know Laurie http://heavens-walk.blogspot.com/. the very first post i ever read of hers was a beautiful prayer for her friend Debbie, who is struggling with cancer right now. i was so struck by her caring and loving words, that i knew i had stumbled across a rare and compassionate soul. someone i really want to get to know.
thank you so much ladies for this award!
o.k...... list 7 interesting things about myself.....
eek, i'll try....
1. i am a visual person. that's obvious, i think, at least i hope. but...... i have trouble with WORDS. trouble coming up with them, writing them, speaking them and recalling them. i often worry whether i have used the right words. i am working on this. i am a work in progress.
2. my kindergarten teacher told my mother that i was an artist. i was an art major in college with an emphasis on jewelry making. i started painting just a few years ago and i have a lot to learn. i have dabbled, like so many artists, to find the right medium. i absolutely am in love with digital photography!
3. my hubby and i met while life guarding together one summer. he stole me away from my high school sweetheart, who i was engaged to. that was an interesting summer. mr. Dan and i will be celebrating our 30th anniversary this year. he does ALL the cooking...i think i'll keep him.
4. being a stay at home mommy was by far, my best job EVER! my kids are the BEST!
5. i can sing. i was in "glee club" in high school (also, a "cheerio"). my girlfriend and i sang at a few weddings and in the talent show, but i got away from it after i graduated. i sang once in public since, at a big resort in Mexico. i received a standing ovation and people the next day came up to me to tell me how good i was! that was a great time! i miss singing.
6. mr. Dan and i like to use silly accents when we talk and occasionally get into character, borrowing from skits seen on Saturday Night Live, Mad t.v., Monty Python, Austin Powers (you get the picture).........sometimes we will go for days doing this. don't tell any of his golfing buddies about this! ha.
7. and number seven.........i absolutely love, love, LOVE putting together these posts!! i look at them as really FUN art projects. taking the photos and playing with them has become my new PASSION. meeting all of you has been the icing on the cake, for sure......
but, the whole idea of reciprocating comments has me feeling extreme pressure and i am at a loss for words most times (see #1!!) i struggle with this daily and have been having feelings of guilt (guilt feelings is a whole other story, something i have felt my whole life) . so, now you know, what i am struggling with and please bear with me if i don't get back to you in WORDS.........i'd paint you a picture if i could.
so, i will continue to put together some pretty things to look at, hopefully in an up-lifting way and i'll try using some WORDS too. just keep in mind, i'll probably be using a silly accent whilst doing so........
now, i am supposed to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers, but you ALL deserve it! i could never choose. so, please feel free to tell us 7 things about yourself, or 6 or 5.........or whatever you choose. it's kinda fun.
thanks again Anita and Laurie!
big hugs and kisses to you ANITA for the tiffany blue inspiration!