Friday, September 4, 2009

bienvenue ya'll !

let the fun begin!!

this is the weekend for katie and dan to tie the knot!!



"get hitched" is a better description considering the carriage house reception.


i had fun making these signs for the wedding...


a french and southern theme.



directional signs to help guide the party goers.




i also had a blast putting these beauties together...



katie has chosen hydrangeas and lavender as her flowers.



this gal has great taste. those are high on my list of faves!!



when she asked me to contribute, i was giddy to help out, but the 'annabelle' hydrangeas which i usually harvest and dry were still in the garden not looking too good!




nor did the russian sage...yes, they are pretty now.



but these are the after shots!!



o.k.........brace yourself.............







here's the before shot!



uuggg.......not pretty for a wedding, i know. but beautiful in their own right.



not too worry. nothing a few cans of spray paint can't fix!!



doesn't everyone keep an old fridge box around for just such an occasion?
a spray painting occasion.


in fact I've been using this same spray painting box since we bought our fridge 8 years ago!







so you'd think with all that experience...........



spray painting experience.......

prepare yourself. this isn't pretty!



that i could have avoided getting blue feet!!

and arms,

and face.......



excuse me.

i have a long date with a loofah sponge.











7 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh just love the signs, really cool and the hydrangeas ... who knew!! Well we do now ... the feet are hilarious.

Whew .. why didn't I think of Ryan, he's gorgeous, really your son looks like him, wow!
xoxo

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Wow Erin
You have so many talents. Those signs are fabulous and spay painted flowers? Clever...hope they were dry before the reception. Have fun scrubbing up!. x Julie

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

WOWZA...I am so impressed (not so much with your feet....)

I would have never thought to spray paint!

Clever, clever girl!

Carole said...

Great job painting the flowers and your feet...lol If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have guessed. My annabelles look a little tired now too though I'm still getting a couple of flowers that are all white. Great post! can't wait to see more of the wedding!
carole

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Erin,
Can't believe those flowers were spray painted...wow! Great job:)

Anyway I wanted to just stop by and thank you for your comments earlier. I'll have to check into that book. Have a great Labor Day.

ben said...

How fun! Yet another one of your many talents - party decorator. Love the spray painted hydrangeas! Never would have guessed. And the lettering on the signs, absotutely love the font. Can't wait to see photos of the event. Your Black & Whites of the mansion on an earlier post were incredible.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!

Thank you soooo much for all the special touches you added to my daughter's wedding. The signs were such a special touch, many people commented on them. I wish I would have had a photo of your feet to hang near the beautiful hydrangia arrangements, that would have been a hoot. I am so lucky to have such a talented friend. Jennifer