Saturday, July 11, 2009

Before and After...

Recently I came across some "before" pictures of one of my client's gardens and boy am I glad I had the foresight to take them. It's so rewarding to see what a difference a good garden design can make!! Not to mention, there is no way of truely remembering how things used to look, and having these shots certainly captures "back then". I highly recommend taking before and after shots and I hope to remember to take that advice too! This backyard had an unsightly brick planter and a real lack of privacy from the neighbors. After designing the water feature to trickle out of a boulder in the planter down a little stream to a small pond, the challenge was to soften all these elements with landscaping...before (March-2006)





and after




before...






and after





before...







and after.








before...









and after. ...


Success! The planter is hidden and you don't see the neighbors! My client's have been taking very good care of this garden and it is a true pleasure to tend to and revisit this backyard.










No comments: